ANNAPOLIS, MD, November 15, 2012 – AllCity Wireless announces its latest software release for the WiDirect and WiClient product line: WiDirect ver. 2.4.
With this latest release of WiDirect code, new and current customers will experience greater control over their networks’ authentication process and bandwidth management making running a wireless deployment that much easier. The WiDirect continues to strive to make the network management piece of a deployment seamless and scalable to the business’ expending needs. Whether Hosted or Appliance based, the WiDirect can control multiple stand-alone hotspots from anywhere in the country to anywhere in the world. Reporting and monitoring are now more flexible with the Version 2.4 release, further allowing larger scaled operators to expand their network throughout the globe.
Here is a partial list of the latest updates.
- Security and stability improvements.
- Accounts can have extra devices associated to authenticate automatically.
- Profile based restrictions available when not using a splash page.
- Improved handling of large numbers of coupons.
- View bandwidth reports by profile.
- SNMP monitoring of the WiDirect and WiClient now available.
- Additional support integrated for PicoStation M2 access points.
- New flood ping tool helps check for packet loss on the network.
- New alert available for low disk space warning.
The WiDirect version 2.4 will be available beginning Thursday, November 15th.
About AllCity Wireless
AllCity Wireless is North America’s premier provider of turn-key network solutions for the delivery of enterprise-class wireless broadband and municipal WIFI deployments. The WiDirect product line is made in the USA and provides the back-office OSS software required to run all facets of a network, in a scalable yet simple way to deploy, sell, manage the user experience, and the network itself in any sales model, be it advertisement, fee based, or a hybrid approach. Information about AllCity Wireless can be found at www.allcitywireless.com.